Krav Maga FAQ
IS KRAV MAGA SUITABLE FOR me?
Yes! At KMDI we cater for all levels - doesn't matter if you are a complete beginner or an experienced veterans you will always find someone at the same level as you so it doesn’t matter what size, age or level of fitness you’re at! Better yet - bring a friend along and see how you progress together!
WHAT TYPE OF CLASSES DO YOU OFFER?
We offer classes for all levels from beginner up until advanced. We also have classes that focus on specific skills.
- Combatives (K.M.C): This class will teach you the basics of Krav Maga striking; kicks, punches, elbows and knees. You can expect an an intense workout whilst refining your technique and striking skills.
- Weapons: Here you will learn to defend yourself against an armed attacker, starting with the basics and then simulating real-life scenarios that you may encounter out on the streets in a safe and professional environment.
- Fighting Fit: This is a fitness based class modelled around the programs in the Israeli army. We will introduce you to exciting tools including battle ropes, sledge hammers, and tractor tires.
HOW DOES THE GRADING SYSTEM WORK AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Starting at the beginners level, you can advance to Yellow belt and above. Gradings are held every 3 months or so.
- Yellow belt: 3-4 months with regular training (minimum 25 classes)
- Green belt: 4-6 months with regular training (minimum 25 classes since previous grading)
- Blue belt: 12 months since last grading with regular training
- Purple belt: 12 months since last grading with regular training
- Brown belt: 12 months since last grading with regular training
AM I ABLE TO TRAIN AT MULTIPLE KMDI LOCATIONS?
We offer a special membership package that enables you to cross train between our different gyms. Contact us from more information. Otherwise, active members can drop in for a class at a KMDI sister gym for $10 per class.
WHAT should I WEAR?
Anything you are comfortable training in! We generally wear a T-Shirt and training shorts.